Enjoy Aberdyfi in Snowdonia, Wales from this Bed & Breakfast
Aberdovey (Aberdyfi) is a thriving little harbour resort set within the Snowdonia National Park, where the River Dovey meets the blue waters of Cardigan Bay. Aberdovey enjoys an exceptionally mild climate and as a result is affectionately known as 'The Jewel in Cardigan Bay'.
Aberdovey offers a diverse range of ways to enjoy your time. So whether its looking at the sailing boats come and go, or taking a stroll collecting sea shells on the 4 miles of golden sandy award winning beach, we think you will have a great time here.
For those who want to have a more energetic time you will not be disappointed. Water sports abound, sailing, canoeing, surfing, kite surfing, golf, mountain biking and hill walking, this area has something to challenge all levels with spectacular scenery to enjoy when you stop for a breather. See our Things to Do page for more about activities and attractions in and around Aberdovey.
When its time to sit down, relax and have something to eat or drink there are a number of options, from The Medina, an excellent coffee shop with a court yard hewn out of the slate cliff, inns where you can sit and watch the activity on the water or the sun going down, to acclaimed restaurants serving local seafood specialities.
For a small village we have an enormous amount to offer.
Places to Eat in Aberdovey
Here is a selection of some of our favourite places to eat, all of which are within walking distance of this bed & breakfast in Aberdovey. It is advisable to book at weekends and during busy times.
- Sea Breeze Restaurant - 01654 767 449: An excellent new addition to the village of places to eat in. Only 3 mins walk, offering a good selection of fresh fish and more. Well worth a visit, recommend booking in busy times.
- The Penhelig Arms - 01654 767215: An award winning restaurant and pub.
- The Medina - A great coffee shop serving homemade cakes and paninis.
- Bear of Amsterdam – 01654 767 684: Back after a short break, now refurbished, George and Anna continue with this unique little café, renowned for its excellent fish and chips.
- Bay of Bengal - 01654 76749: Aberdovey’s Indian Restaurant, good value.
- Pharoah’s Cellar Bistro - 01654 767 250, offering pasta, fish and tappas.
- Brittania Inn - 01654 767426. Great balcony overlooking the sea. Good pub food.
- The Dovey Inn - 01654 767 332. Family pub offering food with sports screen.
- Y Bwtri Blasus - Café and delicatessen with some unusual and well sourced products to eat in or to take home as a present.
- Walkers Quality Fish and Chips - Hand battered and cooked to order, a traditional sea side favourite.
Shops in Aberdovey
For those looking for a little retail therapy Aberdovey offers a surprising collection of places to shop from Boutique Clothes shops, Paintings, Jewellery, Craft and Gift shops.
For more information or to make a booking please use our contact form, or contact us at:
Mail: Cartref Guest House, Aberdovey, Gwynedd, LL35 0NR, Wales, UK
Phone: 01654 767273